Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Breaking News

House fire claims the life of family dog

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A fire Tuesday morning has left a family without their dog.

The fire off of Ireland Road started around 8 a.m. Tuesday morning. 

Fire crews found heavy smoke coming out of the side of the home and closed the road.

Firefighters tried to rescue the dog but it was already too late.

Firefighters believe the fire was started by accident by food being left in a toaster.

The fire chief for the Southwest Fire Territory said the kitchen burned up through the second the floor.

Share this article: