House fire in South Bend partially caused by bees

NOW: House fire in South Bend partially caused by bees

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – A house fire on South Bend’s south side was partially caused by bees.

Crews were called to that home Wednesday afternoon.  When they arrived, they found an exterior wall of the home in flames.

According to 911 dispatchers, the fire was started by a person who lives at that home, who was trying to get rid of a beehive.

“Call a professional," said Ryan Takacs of the South Bend Fire Department. "Do not try to take care of it yourself. Don’t use any kind of accelerant to try to burn something out of the ground or on a house. You’re just going to ask for problems and the possibility of a pretty bad emergency."

Crews quickly put the fire out after getting to the scene.  Thankfully, no injuries were reported.

Share this article: