Indiana State Police begins recruiting for 80th academy
The Indiana State Police has started accepting applications for its 80th Recruit Academy.
Individuals interested in pursuing a career as an Indiana State Trooper must apply online.
Applications must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
According to the Indiana State Police, there are over 1,300 enforcement personnel in the agency across the state.
Basic qualifications for becoming an Indiana State Trooper include:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old and less than 40 years old when appointed as a police employee (the appointment date is October 1, 2020)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate an automobile
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere in the state of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
For more information about recruitment for the Indiana State Police’s 80th Recruit Academy, click here.