IOSHA fines company after employee electrocuted

The Indiana Occupational Health and Safety Administration has fined a local company in connection with the death of an employee in July 2018.

An employee of the Robert Henry Corporation was working as a contractor with Indiana Michigan Power when he was electrocuted by a live wire on July 13 while working in the area of Union and Hester streets in Elkhart.

"The employee came into contact with an energized line while a disconnected line was hanging from his elevated bucket to the ground below," according to IOSHA's report.

IOSHA fined the company a total of $7,000 for safety violations related to the incident.

The company has the right to appeal the decision and the fine.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?