Local watch party for Democratic presidential debate scheduled for Friday
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The American Democracy Project of South Bend will host a watch party for the next Democratic presidential debate at the IU South Bend Community Building on Friday.
This will be the first debate since the caucusing mishap in Iowa.
The candidates expected to participate include:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Former South Bend (Ind.) Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
- Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont
- Businessman Tom Steyer
- Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
- Businessman Andrew Yang
The Community Building is located at the River Crossing Student Housing complex on IU South Bend’s campus (1735 Titan Drive).
The watch party is open to the public. Snacks and soft drinks will be offered free of charge.
American Democracy Project of IU South Bend is a non-partisan organization promoting civic education and political engagement.