Niles man convicted of killing his wife in August 2017
- Deputies locate stolen vehicle in Niles homicide investigation
- Judge sets $1 million bond for Niles man accused of killing his wife
- Husband facing charges in death of woman in Niles on Sunday
- Deputies identify woman killed in home invasion in Niles
- Woman shot and killed inside her Niles Township home
John Lewis initially told deputies several suspects entered his home at 1429 Lawndale Avenue, and shot his wife, Carla Jean Lewis, in the basement. He said they then fled the scene in his wife's Mazda.
They later learned the story was not true.
Lewis allegedly wanted his wife dead for the insurance money. He was also allegedly having an affair.