Nine people vying for Tim Scott's council seat
Nine people are vying for the South Bend Common Council seat vacated by Tim Scott last month.
The next council member will be chosen by members of the Democratic Party.
Scott resigned last month so he could spend more time with his family. There are over 3 years left on his term serving the First District.
St. Joseph County Democrats will hold a caucus to pick the next council member Wednesday night.
The following people are running for the seat:
- Garret Blad - Blad is an environmental activist who recently ran unsuccessfully for state representative.
- Richard "Ricky" Klee - Klee works with Indiana prison inmates through Notre Dame and Holy Cross.
- Canneth Lee - Lee works on gang violence intervention at Goodwill Industries.
- Anne Mannix - Mannix runs an affordable housing non-profit called Neighborhood Development Associates.
- Aisha Martin - Martin is the vice president of Justice for South Bend and works in the St. Joseph County voter registration office.
- Kim McInerney - McInerney is a communications instructor at IU South Bend.
- Christine Peterson - Peterson helps run the paramedic program at Ivy Tech Community College.
- Jennifer Robinson --Robinson is a German Township board member who works for Martin's Supermarkets.
- Alexandra Sarell - Sarell works in the health care field.