Pence certifies electors who will vote him into office as Vice President
For the first time in 104 years, an Indiana Governor certified electors who will vote him into office as the Vice President of the United States.
In 1912, Governor Thomas Marshall certified electors that voted for him and President Woodrow Wilson.
On Friday, Governor Pence signed the Certificate of Ascertainment of Appointment of Presidential Electors.
The eleven electors for the state of Indiana include:
- Stephanie Beckley of Jamestown
- Daniel Bortner of Bedford
- Laura Campbell of Carmel
- Jeff Cardwell of Indianapolis
- Donald L. Hayes of Jasper
- Randall Kirkpatrick of Ligonier
- Ethan E. Manning of Macy
- Kelly Mitchell of Indianapolis
- Edwin J. Simcox of Fishers
- Kevin Steen of Muncie
- Chuck Williams of Valparaiso
The electors will go to the Indiana statehouse on December 19 and vote for their candidate, Donald Trump.