Power outages reported throughout Michiana
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 1:38 PM EST | Updated: Nov 24, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Indiana-Michigan Power says winds up to 60 mph took out several power lines and several poles were broken which resulted in outages of nearly 15,000 customers. At the peak, 12,500 customers in Indiana and 2,432 in Michigan were without power.
As of 3:30 p.m., 6,500 are without service in Indiana and 2,000 in Michigan are without power.
They released restoration times for the outage areas:
- South Bend - 1900 without power -IMP expects restoration by 11 p.m. Monday
- Elkhart - 100 without power - IMP expects restoration by 8 p.m. Monday
- Three Rivers, Michigan - 1700 without power, IMP expects restoration by 8 p.m. Monday
- Benton Harbor, Michigan - 250 without power - IMP expects restoration by 11 p.m. Monday
- Buchanan, Michigan - 70 without power - IMP expects restoration by 6 p.m. Monday
- Shipshewana, Ind. - 160
- Syracuse, Ind. - 706
- Warsaw, Ind. - 300
- Nappanee, Ind. - 1000
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!