Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Rosales accepts plea deal, murder charge dismissed

NOW: Rosales accepts plea deal, murder charge dismissed

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. -- The man accused of killing Benito Bueno in the Bar Louie parking lot in June 2017 was in court Tuesday for a status hearing on a plea deal.

Rosales had been charged with murder, battery with a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness. The murder charge was dismissed.

As part of a plea deal, Rosales pleaded guilty to battery with a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.

During the hearing, Rosales did not admit to shooting Bueno.

He told the judge on June 11, 2017, he left Bar Louie and there was a large crowd in the parking lot.

A fight broke out, but says he did not start the fight.

Rosales said Bueno pulled out a gun while fighting with one of Rosales' friends.

Rosales said he hit Bueno in the head with a bottle.

Sentencing is scheduled for November 13, 2018. During this hearing, the judge will officially accept the plea deal.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?