Cities, counties offering sandbag assembly sites for possible flooding
With the possible flooding from snow melting this weekend, local cities and counties are offering sandbag assembly sites for residents.
In most places, the sand and the bags will be provided, but you will need to bring a shovel to fill the bags.
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, INDIANA
- Warren Fire Department - Station #18, 54837 Quince Road, South Bend
- Clay Fire Territory- Station #24, 13981 State Road #23, Granger
- Penn Township- Station #13, 13750 McKinley, Mishawaka
- South Bend Street Department, 731 S. Lafayette, South Bend
- Mishawaka Street Department, 500 N. Cedar Street, Mishawaka
- Clay Fire Territory, 18355 Auten Road, South Bend
- Riverside Garage, 3301 Riverside Dr., South Bend
- Woodland Garage, 15973 New Road
- Sandbags are also available at the AEP substation on Jackson Road, just west of Main and Jackson for residents in the Jewell Woods/Gilmer Park area.
ELKHART COUNTY, INDIANA
The following locations have sand bags for assembly. Locations open 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Elkhart County Highway Garage: 59308 CR 7 Elkhart. Half mile north of County Road 26 on the east side. Bring your own shovel, bags provided.
- Elkhart city Street Department: 2421 South 17th Street Elkhart
- Boy Scout parking lot on the corner of County Road 46 west of State Road 15.
- Goshen city residents only: Elkhart County Highway Department. 475 Steury Avenue, Goshen.
As new locations are announced, this story will be updated.