South Bend Mayor updates residents on storm recovery
During his third press release of the day, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg says they are still working to gather information as to how many families were displaced by the flooding.
They hope to have a full accounting of families in need by Wednesday.
Buttigieg says the water has been slow to recede, so most of the roads that were closed late Monday or early Tuesday remain closed.
One exception is Michigan Street, which reopened at Ewing.
Buttigieg says if you know of any families in need of assistance, or if you are in need of assistance, you can contact 311.
If you have donations for displaced families, those can be taken to the Central Fire Station or the South Bend Police station on Sample.
South Bend roads that remain closed include:
- Bowman from Michigan to Carroll
- Ireland and High
- Ireland between Ironwood and Ireland Trail
- Calvert between Ironwood and Twyckenham
- Fox between Michigan and Carroll
- Main between Ewing and Donmoyer
- Michigan between Donmoyer and Indiana
- Ewing at Fellows Westbound and Franklin Eastbound
- Burdette at Ireland
- Walter between Michigan and the O'Brien Center