Spring ReLeaf Program in South Bend begins March 29
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The City of South Bend announced that their Spring ReLeaf Program will be offered on a call-in basis beginning Monday.
Residents can call 311 to request a leaf pickup from Monday through April 9. Pickups will begin the week of April 12.
Loose leaves must be raked neatly to the curb and must be free of sticks, trash and debris to be collected.
Below are guidelines that residents are asked to follow for the Spring ReLeaf program:
- Leaves need to be raked to the tree lawn area, NOT into the street, to prevent them from clogging storm inlets. Residents should rake leaves prior to calling 311 to ensure they are picked up.
- Leaves need to be free of sticks, trash and other debris or they will not be picked up.
- Yard waste material can be put in the city’s yard waste bin. The weekly yard waste program starts April 1. Residents interested in participating in the program can sign up via the city of South Bend's website or by calling 311.
- Cars should not be parked on top of or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers crews from collecting leaves.
- Burning of leaves in South Bend is prohibited and is a violation of city ordinance.