St. Joseph County Public Library will begin curbside pick-up on May 11
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind.— The St. Joseph County Public Library will begin its curbside pick-up service for library materials starting Monday, May 11.
Five library branches will offer curbside pick-up, including Francis, Centre Township, River Park, Keller Park, and North Liberty.
Library card holders will be able to pick up materials including books and DVDs by requesting items by phone (574-282-4646), emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or online using the library’s catalog.
Within three days of the request, the card holder will be notified that their materials are ready for pick up at the location of their choosing.
Curbside pick-up will be available Monday through Saturday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The library branches will follow the following safety protocols:
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before becoming available for check out.
- Staff are required to wear SJCPL-provided, CDC-compliant face masks while on duty.
- SJCPL requires social distancing of at least 6 feet between staff and the public.
- The number of staff working in a branch at any given time has been reduced and workstations are spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Staff will follow CDC guidelines while assembling materials for public pick up. They will wear gloves to bring materials outside.
- Disinfectant wipes and sprays, and hand sanitizer, are located prominently throughout the branch.
- High-touch areas and materials are disinfected routinely.
The library branches have been closed to the public since March 16. Curbside service marks the beginning of the resumption of library services.