St. Joseph County road work to begin week of Sept. 9
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – Road work is slated to begin the week of Sept. 9 as crews work on road stripping and chip seal operations.
Road crews will be providing advance warning signs reading, "Paint Crew Ahead", two shadow vehicles marked with flashing lights, signs stating "Wet Paint Do Not Pass" as well as cones at the beginning and end of the newly repainted lines.
The striping will take place from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m on the following roads:
- Douglas Road from SR 931 to SR 23
- Darden Road from Laurel Road to Emmons Drive
- Brick Road from Laurel Road to Hollyhock Road
- Fir Road from Brick Road to Adams Road
- Adams Road from Fir Road to SR 23
- Adams Road from SR 23 to Ash Road
- Ash Road from Anderson Road to Adams Road
- Anderson Road from Bittersweet Road to Ash Road
- Brick Road from Fir Road to Currant Road
- Brummit Road from Beech Road to Ash Road
- Cleveland Road from Mishawaka to Ash Road
- Beech Road from Edison Road to Cleveland Road
- Douglas Road from Fir Road to Ash Road
- Day Road from Fir Road to Bittersweet Road
- Day Trail from Bittersweet Road to Jeffrey Drive
- Edison Road from Cedar Trail to Ash Road
- Jefferson Road from Mishawaka to Ash Road
- McKinley Highway from Elder Road to Birch Road
The following roads will be closed while crews work on Chip Seal Operations:
- Shively Road from Elm Road to Cedar Road
- Pierce Road from Kenilworth Road to Miami Highway
- Madison Road from Locust Road to SR 931
- Madison Road from Mulberry Road to Maple Road
- Oak Road from Roosevelt Road to Kern Road
- Jackson Road from Linden Road to Locust Road
- Kern Road from Sumption Trail to Locust Road
- New Road from SR 23 to SR 931
Delays are expected until work is completed.
Detour routes will be posted.