Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Three dogs killed in house fire on Prairie Avenue

SOUTH BEND, Ind.—Three dogs were killed in a house fire on Prairie Avenue on June 16, according to the South Bend Fire Department.

On Sunday, South Bend Police responded to a report from a neighbor of smoke coming from a house in the 1800 block of Prairie Ave. around 7:37 a.m.

Upon arrival, fire crews found an active fire inside of the house.

Police reported that they assisted one person in getting out of the house prior to the fire department arriving. The person was taken to the hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.

Three adult dogs died in the fire but two puppies were rescued.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

An investigation showed that the fire began in the kitchen on the stove top when an operating burner ignited cooking oil.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?