Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Trial for man accused of beating his son to death set to begin

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The trial for a South Bend man accused of beating his son to death starts Monday. 

The trial comes after a last minute plea deal for Terry Sturgis fell through Wednesday.

A judge stopped proceedings after Sturgis couldn't admit to hitting his son Tramelle in the head with a wooden pole.
 
He did however admit to abusing him, but says he doesn't remember hitting him in the head with a wooden dowel.
 
That's the very action the Prosecution says killed the 10-year-old.
 
Sturgis was arrested in November.
 
He dropped his insanity plea last month.
 
He faces 14 charges including murder, battery and neglect.
 
His mother, Dellia Castile, is also facing charges in connection with Tramelle's death. 
 
Her trial date starts next month. 
 
 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?