Weather related delays and cancellations
Posted: Jan 28, 2019 5:55 PM EST
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana and Community Food Pantry of St. Joseph County closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Women's Care Centers in St. Joseph County closed Tuesday.
- Berrien RESA will be closed Tuesday.
- Michigan City Area Schools - School Board meeting cancelled on Tuesday.
- ETHOS Innovation Center in Elkhart will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The LGBTQ Center in South Bend will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday due to weather.
- Fuson's Eclectic Martial Arts & Fitness-Zumba in South Bend has cancelled Monday evening classes.
- Goshen city offices will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, with only essential staff working. All City Boards and Commission meetings are canceled for the rest of the week.
- The Interurban Trolley will offer free fares on all fixed-route trolleys Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Goshen: Borden Waste-Away will not run on Wednesday. As of Monday afternoon, the plan is to delay pickup by one day through the rest of the week. Normal schedules will resume Monday, Feb. 4.
- Walkerton: Trash and recycling pickup has been delayed until February 1
- Republic Services has made the following changes to trash and recycling pickup in Mishawaka: Wednesday and Thursday trash will be picked up on Saturday, Friday trash pickup will occur as normal, they will double up on recycling the following week on Wednesday, 2/6/19 and Thursday, 2/7/19.
- IU South Bend and the Elkhart Center will be closed on Tuesday, January 29, Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31. The campus will re-open Friday, February 1.
- St Joseph County offices and facilities will be closed due to weather on Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- Saint Mary's will close Tuesday at 6 p.m. and will reopen on Friday, February 1
- ABC Clinic of Pet Refuge will be closed Wednesday
- Women Build Committee meeting cancelled for Monday
- The UAW Local 5 Retiree meeting for Wednesday, January 30 is cancelled.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County will be close at 6 p.m. on Monday and will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, January 30-31.
- Etna Elevator will be closed Wednesday and Thursday this week.
- Moose Lodge in Buchanan, Michigan will be closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Warsaw Community Public Library will close at 1 p.m. Monday.
- The University of Notre Dame will close at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 29 and reopen at 1 p.m. on Thursday, January 31. Student dining halls will remain open with extended hours. Food vendors at the Hesburgh Library and LaFortune Student Center will be closed.
- All activities at Napier Church are canceled for Wednesday, January 30.
- KidsCare sites in Concord are closed on Monday.
- Berrien RESA and the administrative center is closed Monday. All events are canceled also.
- Three Oaks Township Public Library is closed Monday,
- St. Joseph-Lincoln Senior Center is closed Monday
- Buchanan District Library is closed Monday
- New Buffalo Township Library is closed Monday
- Ferry Street Resource Center will be closed all day on January 28.
- Bingo, evening activities, and CCD classes at Holy Family Church are canceled Monday.
- View closures at Lakeland Health facilities
- LoveWay Therapeutic Equestrian Services is closed Monday. All classes are cancelled.
- All athletic contests, practice, and conditioning involving La Porte High School are cancelled Monday.
- All evening activities at River Oaks Community Church in Goshen are cancelled.
- All athletic events and practices for South Bend Schools are cancelled for Monday.
- The Cass County Administration Building and the Law and Courts Building will close Monday at 12 p.m.
- Both Berrien County courthouses, the Administration Center, the County Health Department, and other non-essential county facilities are closing at 12 p.m. Monday and are expected to re-open on January 29.
- All after school activities for Goshen Community Schools are cancelled for Monday.
- Spicer Lake Nature Preserve will close early at 3:30 p.m. on Monday.
- The Goshen Environmental Center will close early at 12 p.m. Monday.
- The Berrien County Fair office will close at 1 p.m. on Monday.
- The South Bend Kroc Center will remain open until 9 p.m. on Monday but all afternoon/ evening classes and programs are cancelled.
- All evening activities at Penn Harris Madison elementary and middle schools are cancelled for Monday. Pennway Night School, the Penn Fitness Center, and Community Ed classes are also cancelled for tonight. The PHM Board Meeting is still taking place. Kids Club will remain open until 6 p.m.
- Indiana University's Northwest campus is closed Monday.
- Shipshewana Tech Committee meeting for January 30 has been cancelled
- All youth and adult programming at Goshen Parks are cancelled on Monday.
- UltraCamp at 123 E Main St. in Niles will be open Tuesday at 9 a.m. through Friday at 9 a.mm
- Soup and water available, bring blankets, bring pillows, bring personal entertainment, no showers available, no cots available
- Michigan Heating and Cooling at 2439 11th St. in Niles will be open Tuesday at 3 p.m. through Saturday at 10 a.m.
- No food or showers available, no cots available, bring blankets, bring pillows, bring personal entertainment
- Niles District Library at 620 E Main St. in Niles will be available during regular business hours, but check local news outlets for closures.
- Day facility ONLY, no food, drink provided, guests must adhere to library policies and rules
- Nappanee will open a Warming Center at West Park Pavilion - 500 N. Nappanee Street, from Tuesday January 29 at 5 p.m. through Friday, February 1 at 8 a.m.
- Michigan City warming centers
- Additional warming centers
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!