Michigan City Municipal Band performs June 10 at Washington Park
MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. – The Michigan City Municipal Band will begin its 153rd season this Thursday with a free concert in Washington Park.
The Band will perform at the Guy F. Foreman Bicentennial Amphitheater at 7:30 p.m.
This week’s concert is the first of ten Thursday performances from June 10 to August 12.
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and last about an hour.
The June 10 concert will feature the following pieces:
- Dedicatory Overture by Clifton Williams
- Air for Band by Frank Erickson
- Credo by William Owens
- Washington Post March by John Philip Sousa
- Stitches in Time: A Second Piece (premiere) by Meredith Brammeier
- Mexican Hat Dance by Felipe A. Partichela
- Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim, arr. Michael Brown
- Whip and Spur Galop by Fred S. Allen, arr. Ray Cramer
- My America arr. Joyce Eilers
- Beau Monde (premiere) by Jack Stamp
Parking is available in the lots closest to the amphitheater and at the Senior Center.
Entrance to the park is free with a Michigan City Park sticker. Otherwise, there is a parking fee.
Parking on Lake Shore Drive is prohibited.
Visit the Band’s Facebook page for more information.