Vehicle passenger arrested on drug and weapons charges
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. -- A vehicle passenger was arrested on multiple drug and weapons charges following a traffic stop Saturday evening, according to the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department.
A deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Hively and Benham avenues around 8:45 p.m.
During the stop, the passenger, 32-year-old Todd Howard, allegedly gave false identity information to the deputy.
He had two outstanding warrants, was in possession of a stolen gun, was a felon in possession of a gun and was in possession of 7.9 grams of meth, .7 grams of marijuana, 3.7 grams of marijuana wax, a 15 mg pill of oxycodone and a 20 mg amphetamine pill, according to deputies.
Howard was taken into custody on the following preliminary charges
- False identity statement / false identity statement
- Possession of a stolen handgun
- Possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon
- Possession of methamphetamine 5 grams
- Possession of marijuana-class b misd-prior
- Possession of controlled substance
- Possession of narcotic drug
- Possession of synthetic cannabinoid synthetic marijuana / possession marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or synthetic drug
After a search of the vehicle, the driver, 42-year-old David Jastrzembski, deputies say he was in possession of a pipe with methamphetamine inside.
Jastrzembski is facing preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.