Summer Horan, Multimedia Journalist
Hello and thank you for checking out my page!
Where am I from? I am a proud local! I grew up in Granger, Indiana. As I attended Indiana University Bloomington, this turned into “I am from South Bend.” On vacations I pull the old “Notre Dame area.” Basically, I know this area, it is part of me, and I am passionate about its community.
I am an up-and-coming multimedia journalist and joined the ABC57 News team in August of 2019. This is my first job outside of graduating college and I could not be more excited to start here, in my own backyard!
I am a proud alumna of Indiana University’s Media School. In May of 2019 I graduated with a Journalism degree and specializations in News Reporting and Editing, along with a minor in Sociology-- I will forever love my Indiana Home.
Not only do I bleed cream and crimson, but Irish blue and gold run through my veins. I was born and raised right here in Michiana and went to Christ the King and Saint Joseph High School. Like my name suggests, I love sunshine and heat along with all things water.
Outside of work-- I love going on drives, visiting our beautiful northern neighbor Michigan, spending time with my big, amazing family, and all things cheetah print.
Now that you know about me, I want to learn more about you! I learned that journalism was for me when I realized that it is the perfect sphere to meet and learn people’s stories. It matters to me what stories I work on and I want them to be things that you care about!
So if you want to talk, say hello, or share a story, please reach out to me! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/message me at (574) 440-4926.
Articles by Summer Horan
- Tapping the Sap
- Yoga on Ice!
- Last-minute Valentine's Day flower arrangements
- "Walk a mile in her shoes" St. Margaret's House Winter Walk
- Fetal remains to be laid to rest
- Lack of snow impacting local businesses
- 2020 SJHS robotics challenge
- Bethel University 24-hour theater challenge
- Plans for Tolson Center expansion revealed
- "We're ready for someone with new energy"; Amish Acres auctions off for over $4 million
- President focuses on America's comeback
- Football fans preparing for superbowl liv
- Police cracking down on drivers during Super Bowl Sunday
- Polar plunge festival supports Special Olympics
- Man accused of killing 3-week-old puppy
- Football coach passes away after battle with cancer
- Neighbors on high alert amid theft suspect search
- South Bend family remembers Liberty Street homicide victim
- Neighbors react to overnight shooting
- Victim of stolen car speaks out about incident
- Neighbors share thoughts on impeachment trial
- Celebrating life, legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ice festival brings together sculptors and families
- Girl honored after brutal dog attack
- Flood maps being updated for first time in 30 years
- Neighbors bracing for rising river levels
- Preparing for possible flooding
- Portage Meat and Market closing at end of January
- Friends remember young shooting victim
- Community working to open new high school by fall 2020
- Dispatch investigated for minivan tragedy response
- Aggressive flu season for hoosiers
- City honors activists for public service
- Elkhart Municipal Airport to receive millions in federal investment
- Year in Review 2019: Fetal remains found at home of Dr. Ulrich Klopfer
- Two dogs shot after attacking man
- SBPD giving back for the holidays
- Santa helps SBPD spread holiday cheer at memorial hospital
- Community helps family in need
- Family loses everything in fire
- Porch pirate penalty increase
- School board to decide next superintendent tonight
- Volunteers help serve homeless before holidays
- One dead, three injured after crash in Berrien County
- Breakthrough discovered in triple negative breast cancer
- Person of interest in woman's disappearance arrested on unrelated charges
- Volunteers help save Weko Beach house
- Protesters demanding more urgent action on climate change
- Another suspicious fire on northwest side
- One dead, one injured after shooting in Elkhart
- Starke county celebrates national adoption month
- Goshen health sterilization concern
- Car hits teen in backyard
- Students sent home with warm winter gear
- Preparing for bitter blast
- Solutions sought for "devil's backbone"
- Two stores broken into by wild deer
- Three injured in shooting on W. Humboldt St.
- Niles high school celebrates pink night
- Man's last wish to play instrument granted
- CMHU investigating police-involved shooting following pursuit
- One injured during shooting at Elkhart bar
- Suspect killed in police-involved shooting identified as Three Rivers man
- Pharmacies running low on flu shots
- Officials pass 2020 city budget
- Hoosier dies from EEE virus Saturday
- Hoosier dies from triple EEE virus
- South Bend hit-and-run victim was a Notre Dame graduate
- Oscar Orozco sentenced to 50 years in murder of Benito Bueno
- City council reverses recreational marijuana decision
- Group says county hiding info about investment
- Monument honoring vietnam vets unveiled
- Will robots take over our jobs?
- Cleanup continues after severe weather
- Combating synthetic drug use in michiana
- Bees roles in pumpkin growth
- Widespread damage after storms roll through Michiana
- College application fees waived
- Hear a survivor from human trafficking's story
- Local voters and lawmakers react to impeachment inquiry