Cedar Point to open 2020 season in phases
Cedar Point has announced its plans to open the 2020 season in phases due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The opening plan includes new safety measures.
Tentative opening dates:
- July 9 – 10: park open to 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders only
- Beginning July 11: park open to Cedar Point Resorts guests and 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders
- Cedar Point’s Hotel Breakers and Lighthouse Point RV sites will be open June 12 – 27, prior to Cedar Point’s opening
“The safety of all of our guests and associates has always been, and will always be our top priority. We’re looking forward to returning to summertime fun in a safe and healthy manner,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “We’ve implemented new safety protocols throughout the property that align with the recommendations of health and safety experts. With that guidance, we’re ready and excited to welcome our guests and associates back to Cedar Point.”
New cleanliness, health and safety protocols at Cedar Point include:
- Reservations for a Visit – in order to maintain limited capacity each operating day, all guests, including Season Passholders, will be required to make a reservation to visit the park through the Cedar Point mobile app or at cedarpoint.com. In a few weeks prior to park opening, 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders will receive an invitation to make reservations first, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets. Reservation availability for guests who have not yet purchased a park ticket will be announced at a later date.
- Guests who stay at a Cedar Point Resorts property will have guaranteed entry to Cedar Point for each day of their stay, beginning the day after check in, but must purchase a ticket or have a 2020 Season Pass.
- Health Screening – all guests must complete a health screening declaration within the Cedar Point mobile app 24 hours prior to entering the park.
- Temperature Screening – guests and associates will undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering the park.
- Face Coverings – guests and associates will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Social Distancing – markers and signage will be placed throughout the park to assist with social distancing of at least six feet.
- Additional protocols include touchless transactions, limited guest/associate contact, enhanced cleaning procedures in high-touch areas, dining locations, hotel rooms and restrooms, capacity management through the park and additional hand sanitization stations.