Man who killed Felipe Gutierrez sentenced to 60 years in prison
- Final suspect in death of Felipe Gutierrez taken into custody
- SJC Metro Homicide seeking 15-year old in connection to Felipe Gutierrez's death
- Two 17-year-olds arrested in connection to a fatal South Bend shooting
- Two arrests made in murder at Charles Black Rec Center
- Victim of Charles Black Rec Center shooting identified.
Devin Nilli, 18, also known as Devin Brantley, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on the murder charge and received a 10 year sentence for the firearm sentencing enhancement.
The last three years of his sentence will be served in community corrections.
Nilli pleaded guilty as part of a plea agreement. He pleaded guilty to murder and the prosecutor dismissed another count of murder and one count of robbery.
Four others have also been charged and sentenced in this case:
- George Watson, Jr., 18, was sentenced to 30 years, with 25 years executed and 5 years suspended, 5 years probation, for aiding, inducing, or causing armed robbery which resulted in serious bodily injury, a Level 2 felony.
- Qualan Jones, 17, was also sentenced to 30 years with 5 years executed and 25 years suspended, 25 years probation, for aiding, inducing or causing armed robbery that resulted in serious bodily injury, a Level 2 felony.
- Tahzjuan Snelling, 18, was sentenced to 6 years with 4 years suspended, 4 years probation, for attempted robbery, a Level 5 felony.
- Que’lin Jones, 18, was sentenced to 2 ½ years, suspended, 2 ½ years probation, for assisting a criminal, a Level 6 felony.